Almost all we know about adoption comes from the Web. Here are the sites we consider to be the best.
Very informative, with lots of different links about all aspects of adoption.
A comic strip that gives you a good feel for many of the emotions in the adoption process. It covers a couple's struggle with infertility, then adoption.
Today we celebrated 7 years with Antonio, Carmen, and Felix, and 1.5 years with Stephen, Jacob, and Victoria by heading out for some fun on Lake Jordan.
A nice fast site with lots of information particularly pertinent to adopting in the state of North Carolina.
The Family Network
This is the adoption agency we used. An excellent resource for adoptive parents. Their site will give you a feel for the world of adoption.
- Adoptions International, Inc.
- Angels' Haven International Adoption Agency
- Bethany Christian Services
- Carolina Adoption Services, Inc.
- Dillon International
- Help the Children
- International Children's Alliance
- Life Adoption Services
- MAPS International
- NC Adoption
- The Family Network
- Adoption Books
- Between Friends
- Home study description by Families Thru International Adoption (FTIA)
- National Adoption Information Clearinghouse (NAIC) article on Intercountry Adoption
- National Council for Adoption
- The Adoption Tax Credit
- The Adoption Tax Credit - more info
- Website reviews by ABC's of Parenting
- Encarta's article about Guatemala
- Guatemala Country Information
- Rainbow Kids
- United States Immigration and Naturalization Service
- US State Department's Guatemalan Adoption Information
Other adoption resources
- Adoption Directory
- Google Web Directory
- Let's Talk Adoption
- The Mining Company