Posted 10/6/2002 8:22:15 AM
On the other hand
There are plenty of good examples of husband wife relationships that worked, and accomplished good things for God:
- Elkanah and Hannah gave Samuel completely over to the service of the Lord, and he became an important leader of Israel 1Sa 1:26-29
- Joseph and Mary obeyed God through their scandalous-sounding first few years, and had the great honor of being Jesus' earthly parents.
- Boaz and Ruth got together through a combination of her hard work and great reputation Ru 3:11, and his honor as a kinsman to redeem her. Ru 3:13
- Aquila and Priscilla (always mentioned together in the Bible) were tent-makersAct 18:2-3 and disciplersAct 18:24-26.
- Noah and his wife survived a year Ge 7:11-8:14 in the ark with their three sons and wives, and an ark full of animals.
- Abram and Sarai moved to a new and strange country at God's command Ge 12:5
- Isaac and Rebekah started their marriage by faith, having never seen each other before Ge 24:67